CHICAGO, June 1, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Immunomedics, Inc., (Nasdaq:IMMU) today reported an overall disease response rate of 41%, including 2 patients (7%) with partial response and 10 patients (34%) with stable disease as best response, in 29 patients with relapsed/refractory, metastatic pancreatic cancer treated with the investigational pancreatic cancer therapeutic, clivatuzumab tetraxetan labeled with yttrium-90 ( 90Y), in combination with low-dose gemcitabine as a radiosensitizer. This was compared to a control group of 29 similar patients who received 90Y-clivatuzumab tetraxetan without low-dose gemcitabine. Treatment responses were assessed by computed tomography (CT) based on RECIST criteria.
Results from the multicenter Phase Ib study were presented by Vincent J. Picozzi Jr., M.D., Director of the Pancreas Center of Excellence at the Virginia Mason Medical Center's Digestive Disease Institute, Seattle, WA, at the 2014 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) .
Within the 2 subgroups of patients, adding low-dose gemcitabine extended the median overall survival (OS) for the 29 patients in Arm A to 3.9 months, a statistically significant ( p=0.017) improvement compared with the 2.8 month median OS for the 29 patients receiving only 90Y-clivatuzumab tetraxetan in Arm B.Furthermore, for patients in Arm A, there were 48%, 34%, 21%, and 10% of patients alive at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months, respectively, indicating that the combination of radiolabeled antibody and gemcitabine improved survival throughout the study.
|Treatment||Number of Patients||Survival Results|
|Arm||Enrolled||3 Months||6 Months||9 Months||12 Months|
|A||29||14 (48%)||10 (34%)||6 (21%)||3 (10%)|
|B||29||10 (34%)||3 (10%)||1 (3%)||0 (0%)|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV