3 Consumer Goods Stocks Moving The Sector Upward
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Household Durables industry. The net income has decreased by 8.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$1.53 million to -$1.67 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Household Durables industry and the overall market, COBRA ELECTRONICS CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for COBRA ELECTRONICS CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.03%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -7.79% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- COBRA ELECTRONICS CORP's earnings per share declined by 8.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COBRA ELECTRONICS CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.17 versus $0.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.06 versus -$0.17).
- COBR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 18.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.9%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.