The 25 Companies With the Best Compensation and Benefits
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Employee compensation and benefits are two of the key factors when selecting where to work, should you be fortunate enough to have the opportunity to make such a decision. Many of us have taken jobs where the salary is not exactly what we want, or the benefits don't quite cover everything.
Furthermore, many of us are familiar with jobs that might provide the money and/or benefits, but the work environment is stressful, depressing or downright hostile. After all, what's the point of making money if your mental and emotional health suffers because of it?
But there are companies out there that represent the cream of the crop. Some businesses manage to provide adequate (or better) salaries and attractive benefits and offer a work space that won't have you running for the exits. Glassdoor has posted its report of the Top 25 Companies for Compensation & Benefits, based on insights from the companies' employees.
So let's take a ride through the list and find out what makes these companies so special.25) eBay (EBAY) Glassdoor Average Rating: 3.9 out of 5 Pros: Great benefits (stock plan, tuition assistance and healthcare), growth potential, team cooperation, job security Cons: Shaky middle management
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV