New Lifetime High Reached By Marriott International (MAR)
- MAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $116.7 million.
- MAR has traded 33,147 shares today.
- MAR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MAR: Marriott International, Inc. operates, franchises, and licenses hotels and timeshare properties worldwide. The company operates through four segments: North American Full-Service, North American Limited-Service, International, and Luxury. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. MAR has a PE ratio of 27.8. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Marriott International a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Marriott International has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Marriott International has a market cap of $17.4 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 5.5% with 6.82 days to cover. Shares are up 20.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Marriott International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 32.55% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 37.38% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MAR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MARRIOTT INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 32.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MARRIOTT INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.01 versus $1.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.47 versus $2.01).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 26.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $136.00 million to $172.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 54.23% to $182.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MARRIOTT INTL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.56%.
- You can view the full Marriott International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts