The firm said it lowered its price target on the retail food company based on estimate cuts and company's timing of new store openings for fiscal 2016, which are being pushed into fiscal 2017.
Jefferies reiterated its "buy" rating on the stock.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The gross profit margin for FAIRWAY GROUP HOLDINGS is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.90%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -15.19% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 14.97 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, FWM's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.05, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to other companies in the Food & Staples Retailing industry and the overall market, FAIRWAY GROUP HOLDINGS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- FWM's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 72.10%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter.
- FAIRWAY GROUP HOLDINGS has improved earnings per share by 31.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.42 versus -$1.43).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FWM Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV