IRVINE, Calif., May 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MRI Interventions, Inc. (OTCQB:MRIC), a commercial stage medical technology company focused on creating innovative platforms for performing the next generation of minimally invasive surgical procedures in the brain and heart, today announced that it will be exhibiting its ClearPoint ® Neuro Intervention System at the 2014 American Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (ASSFN) Biennial Meeting to be held June 1-3 in Washington, D.C.
The ClearPoint system's role in enabling real-time MR-guided neurosurgical procedures will also be discussed in scientific sessions.
- On Monday, June 2, Dr. Robert Gross, neurosurgeon at Emory University Hospital, will present "Laser Ablation for Epilepsy," which will include a description of the ClearPoint system's critical role in the targeting and placement of laser ablation catheters under real-time MRI guidance.
- On Tuesday, June 3, Dr. Karl Sillay, neurosurgeon at University of Wisconsin (UW) Hospitals and Clinics, will give a talk titled "Neurosurgery in the MR Suite" that will include a description of UW Hospitals and Clinics' utilization of the ClearPoint system for MRI-guided neurosurgery.
According to the ASSFN, its Biennial Meeting "is dedicated to the rapidly growing specialty of stereotactic and functional neurosurgery. The meeting emphasizes cutting-edge clinical applications and recent discoveries in the basic neurosciences and the impact they will have on future advances in stereotactic and functional neurosurgery."About MRI Interventions, Inc. Founded in 1998, MRI Interventions is creating innovative platforms for performing the next generation of minimally invasive surgical procedures in the brain and heart. Utilizing a hospital's existing MRI suite, the company's FDA-cleared and CE-marked ClearPoint ® system is designed to enable a range of minimally invasive procedures in the brain. In partnership with Siemens Healthcare, MRI Interventions is developing the ClearTrace ® system to enable MRI-guided catheter ablations to treat cardiac arrhythmias, including atrial fibrillation. Building on the imaging power of MRI, the company's interventional platforms strive to improve patient care while reducing procedure costs and times. For more information, please visit www.mriinterventions.com . Forward-Looking Statements Certain matters in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward-looking statements often can be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "could," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "may," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "should," "will," "would," or the negative of these words or other words of similar meaning. Forward-looking statements by their nature address matters that, to different degrees, are uncertain and involve risk. Uncertainties and risks may cause MRI Interventions' actual results and the timing of events to differ materially from those expressed in or implied by MRI Interventions' forward-looking statements. Detailed information on factors that could affect MRI Interventions' actual results are described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, the quarterly report on Form 10-Q filed on May 13, 2014. Except as required by law, MRI Interventions undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements contained in this press release to reflect any change in MRI Interventions' expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statements are based.
CONTACT: MRI Interventions, Inc. David Carlson, CFO 901-522-9300
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV