3 Diversified Services Stocks Driving The Industry Higher
At the close, PDI ( PDII) was up $0.16 (3.4%) to $4.84 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,637 shares of PDI exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $4.67-$5.03 after having opened the day at $4.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.68. PDI, Inc. provides outsourced commercial services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and healthcare companies in the United States. PDI has a market cap of $71.1 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 3.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates PDI a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates PDI as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on PDII go as follows:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 175.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $2.13 million to -$1.61 million.
- The gross profit margin for PDI INC is rather low; currently it is at 16.98%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -4.91% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$6.46 million or 628.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- PDI INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PDI INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.31 versus -$1.75 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 35.5% in earnings (-$0.42 versus -$0.31).
- In its most recent trading session, PDII has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts