The 10 Least Obese States in America
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Obesity in the U.S. has been described as an epidemic and there are certain states in the country that has a large population of overweight citizens.
Dropping that extra and unwanted fat can be a challenge, but there are some places in the U.S. where they keep the pounds at bay by staying active and watching what they eat.
States with the lowest obesity rates had a high number of residents that engaged in healthy eating and exercise. In those states, 66.7% of people said they enjoyed a healthy diet, compared with the 60.8% of people in the most obese states, Newsmaxhealth.com reported.
The following is a list of the 10 states with the lowest obesity rates in America for 2013...
Obesity Rate: 24% Considering New York State is home to a city famous for its pizza, bagels, and cheesecake, it might surprise some to learn this state is one of the least obese in the country.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV