NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of BNP Paribas SA (BNPQY) closed down -3.93% to $34.67 after the Wall Street Journal reported that the Justice Department is pushing the French bank to pay over $10 billion to resolve a criminal probe into allegations it evaded U.S. sanctions against Iran and other countries for years.
That which would represent one of the largest penalties ever imposed on a bank, sources told the Journal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV