3 Stocks Advancing The Health Care Sector
- AMERICAN CARESOURCE HLDGS's earnings per share declined by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, AMERICAN CARESOURCE HLDGS reported poor results of -$0.66 versus -$0.54 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income has decreased by 24.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$1.15 million to -$1.44 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, AMERICAN CARESOURCE HLDGS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for AMERICAN CARESOURCE HLDGS is currently extremely low, coming in at 1.28%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -28.65% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 16.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 34.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.