3 Stocks Raising The Energy Industry Higher
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.48 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, FORBES ENERGY SERVICES LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FORBES ENERGY SERVICES LTD is rather low; currently it is at 24.70%. Regardless of FES's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FES's net profit margin of -1.17% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- FORBES ENERGY SERVICES LTD has improved earnings per share by 46.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FORBES ENERGY SERVICES LTD swung to a loss, reporting -$0.63 versus $0.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.25 versus -$0.63).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Energy Equipment & Services industry average. The net income increased by 52.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$2.73 million to -$1.29 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV