(NASDAQ:SPLK), provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, today announced results for its fiscal first quarter ended April 30, 2014.
First Quarter 2015 Financial Highlights
- Total revenues were $85.9 million, up 50% year-over-year.
- License revenues were $51.3 million, up 42% year-over-year.
- GAAP operating loss was $50.1 million; GAAP operating margin was negative 58.3%.
- Non-GAAP operating loss was $3.6 million; non-GAAP operating margin was negative 4.2%.
- GAAP loss per share was $0.43; non-GAAP loss per share was $0.04.
- Operating cash flow was $18.9 million with free cash flow of $14.7 million.
“We thank our customers for their enthusiastic support of our expanding product line,” said Godfrey Sullivan, Chairman and CEO. “We are accelerating our investments in core technologies, cloud services and market specific solutions to better serve our global customers.”
First Quarter 2015 and Recent Business Highlights
- Signed more than 400 new customers, ending the quarter with more than 7,400 customers worldwide.
- New and Expansion Customers Include: 99bill.com (China), Betfair (Australia), California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Chang Gung University (Taiwan), Constant Contact, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Github, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Idaho State University, IDEXX Laboratories, LATAM Airlines Group (Chile), Living Social, Mentor Graphics, MindTouch, Ministry of Education (Taiwan), Ministry of Science and Technology (Brazil), Net Entertainment (Sweden), Net One Systems (Japan), Nexon (Korea), New York State Unified Courts, Norsk Tipping AS (Norway), Overstock.com, Survey Monkey, Taishin Securities (Taiwan), Telecom New Zealand, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, WEG Industries (Brazil), William Hill Australia.
- Announced the general availability (GA) of Splunk Enterprise 6.1, the latest version of the company’s award-winning platform for machine data, available as software or as a cloud service. Splunk Enterprise 6.1 delivers enhanced interactive analytics, continuous availability of mission-critical machine data and extends operational intelligence to every user in the organization.
- Released the GA version of Hunk 6.1, making it even faster and easier to get business insights from raw, unstructured data in Hadoop and NoSQL data stores.
- Announced version 3.1 of the Splunk App for VMware, providing comprehensive operational visibility into virtualized environments. This release delivers significant new features, including 200 out-of-the-box reports, the ability to instantly identify outliers for real-time triage and built-in correlation into storage systems including a direct drill down into data from NetApp Data ONTAP.
- Released version 3.0 of the Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange. This latest version, combined with Splunk Enterprise, provides real-time visibility into the health of the Microsoft Exchange environment, including message delivery components and the supporting IT infrastructure.
- Doubled license capacity for entry-level customers to help them get even more business insights from their machine data.
- Attained 2014 ONC-HIT Certification for Splunk Enterprise, enabling healthcare providers to use Splunk Enterprise for EHR and HIPAA audit reporting.
- Announced a strategic technology alliance with Tableau to leverage the power of advanced visual analytics and real-time machine data. As part of a joint technology investment, the latest version of Tableau software includes Splunk Enterprise as a native data source using Splunk’s recently launched ODBC driver.
- Appointed Doug Merritt, Senior Vice President, Field Operations.
- Appointed Haiyan Song, Vice President, Security Markets.
The company is providing the following guidance for its fiscal second quarter 2015 (ending July 31, 2014):
- Total revenues are expected to be between $92 million and $94 million.
- Non-GAAP operating margin is expected to be between negative 2% and negative 4%.
The company is updating its previous guidance for its fiscal year 2015 (ending January 31, 2015):
- Total revenues are expected to be between $402 million and $410 million (was $400 million per prior guidance provided on February 27, 2014).
- Non-GAAP operating margin is expected to be approximately zero (unchanged from prior guidance provided on February 27, 2014).
All forward-looking non-GAAP financial measures contained in this section “Financial Outlook” exclude estimates for stock-based compensation expenses, employer payroll tax expense related to employee stock plans and amortization of acquired intangible assets.