NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Henry Schein (HSIC) doesn't have name recognition but that could be changing. The largest dental distributor in the U.S. -- whose equipment and products are present in over 90% of U.S. dental offices -- is heading south of the border.
On Wednesday Henry Schein announced a 50% ownership in Dental Speed Graph, the largest direct marketing provider of dental consumable merchandise in Brazil. Dental Speed Graph also has a leading ecommerce platform in the country. This marks Henry Schein's first move into South America and the 27th country for the company.
In 2013, Dental Speed Graph had sales of $28 million. Founded in 2010, the Brazilian company continues to grow and expand. Currently, Dental Speed Graph has 170 team members covering 55,000 customers across Brazil.
In America, Henry Schein -- whose shares closed at $118.94, up 4% for the year to date -- is a play on the Affordable Care Act and an aging population.
But in Brazil, the largest economy in Latin America and the seventh-largest economy in the world, the company is a play on an expanding middle class making more visits to the nation's 150,000 dentists. Population growth hit 200 million recently, earlier than the expected 2015. Brazil is now the fifth most populous country in the world.
That's a lot of teeth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV