PLAINFIELD, Ind., May 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke Energy is asking state utility regulators to approve a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficiency programs for its customers.
Current energy efficiency programs offered by Energizing Indiana will continue through Dec. 31, 2014.
"Since the early 1990s, Duke Energy has offered its customers programs to save energy and save money," said Doug Esamann, Duke Energy state president – Indiana. "Upon approval from the commission, we plan to continue offering energy efficiency programs similar to those that exist today. I encourage all customers to take full advantage of these valuable energy-saving opportunities."
The programs the company wants to offer residential customers, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, include:
- Residential Smart Saver – offers rebates to customers who maintain or upgrade their home heating and air conditioning units, who insulate attics and ductwork or add high-efficiency lighting.
- Agency Assistance Portal – provides homeowners and renters who apply for the federally funded Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program and sign up for Agency Assistance Portal with a 12- pack of CFLs
- Appliance Recycling – removes older, less-efficient refrigerators and freezers from customers' homes and pays them a $50 incentive
- Energy Education for Schools – targets elementary students with energy efficiency information and provides a take-home kit of low-cost energy-saving devices
- Residential Neighborhood – provides energy-efficient and weatherization improvements for income-qualified customers
- Multi-Family EE Products and Services – offers a variety of energy efficiency measures, including lighting, for apartments and other multi-family buildings
- My Home Energy Report – informs customers about their energy use as compared to similar homes in their community and gives energy-saving tips
- Power Manager – pays customers who voluntarily reduce their use of air conditioning during times of high demand for electricity
- Home Energy House Call – assesses homes with electric heat or electric hot water heaters for their efficiency and provides a kit of energy efficiency devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV