Trade-Ideas: Netflix (NFLX) Is Today's Momo Momentum Stock
- NFLX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.5 billion.
- NFLX has a PE ratio of 149.9.
- NFLX is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- NFLX is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- NFLX is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- NFLX is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- NFLX has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.5%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NFLX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NFLX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NFLX: Netflix, Inc. provides Internet television network service that enables subscribers to stream TV shows and movies directly on TVs, computers, and mobile devices in the United States and internationally. NFLX has a PE ratio of 149.9. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Netflix a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Netflix has been 3.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Netflix has a market cap of $23.9 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 2.07 and a short float of 9.5% with 1.47 days to cover. Shares are up 9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Netflix as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1620.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 71.42% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Although NFLX had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- NFLX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.61 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.74 is weak.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, NETFLIX INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Netflix Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts