CHICAGO, May 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated (CBOE ® ) announced today that on Monday, July 7, it plans to introduce PM-settled, End-of-Month options series (EOM) -- with expiration dates falling on the last business day of the month -- for its S&P 500 ® Index (SPX(SM)) options.
CBOE is adding SPX EOM options to its SPX options product line in response to requests from asset managers who want to more precisely match SPX option expirations to end-of-month fund cycles and fund performance periods.
"End-of-Month options represent another dimension to our extensive S&P 500 Index options complex, which includes our flagship SPX contract, SPX End-of-Week, SPX End-of-Quarter and SPX LEAPS ® contracts. Each of these products is tailored to respond to the unique needs of different types of investors looking to trade the S&P 500 Index to better manage their portfolios," said CBOE Holdings CEO Edward T. Tilly.
End-of-Month options will join other SPX expiration choices, including:
- End-of-Week options, which expire on the last trading day of a week (other than standard third Fridays)
- Standard options, which expire on the third Friday of each month
- End-of-Quarter options, which expire on the last trading day of the quarter
- LEAPS (Long-term Equity AnticiPation Securities(SM)) options, which are long-term options contracts that can be maintained for a period of up to 15 years.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts