NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- XG Technology (XGTI) stock is soaring Thursday after announcing its second new U.S. patent award this week. In a statement, the company said it had been awarded a patent for interference mitigation techniques, an invention which "helps improve performance of wireless systems by overcoming impairments to transmission quality."
"This new patent enhances xG's position as a leader in developing innovative approaches to overcoming the challenges faced by today's wireless networks," said CEO John Coleman.
On Tuesday, the wireless communications developer announced it had received a crucial cognitive radio patent covering a technology which provides "enhanced protection from interference to devices in shares and crowded spectrum environments.This latest patent brings xG Technology's intellectual property portfolio total to 60 U.S. patent matters (50 issued) and 145 international patent matters (65 issued). By midmorning, shares had surged 51.6% to $2.58. Trading volume of 9.3 million shares was more than 17 times its three-month daily average. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV