Water-Logged And Getting Wetter Stock Of The Day: YPF Sociedad Anonima (YPF)
- YPF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.6 million.
- YPF has traded 248,576 shares today.
- YPF traded in a range 203.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.35.
- YPF traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 30 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 30 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YPF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YPF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on YPF: YPF Sociedad Anonima, an energy company, is engaged in the exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) in Argentina. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. YPF has a PE ratio of 14.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate YPF Sociedad Anonima a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for YPF Sociedad Anonima has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. YPF Sociedad Anonima has a market cap of $11.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 11.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates YPF Sociedad Anonima as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 47.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $245.81 million to $363.01 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 15.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 37.26% is the gross profit margin for YACIMIENTOS PETE FISCALES SA which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.39% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $846.09 million or 14.85% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, YACIMIENTOS PETE FISCALES SA's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 38.60%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, YACIMIENTOS PETE FISCALES SA has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full YPF Sociedad Anonima Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV