BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Almost a month ago, Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger held court in Omaha's CenturyLink Center for Berkshire Hathaway's ( (BRK.B)) annual shareholder meeting. Attendees hung on the pair's every word. After all, when a couple of billionaires dole out their investment advice and philosophies, people tend to listen.
But there's one question the Oracle of Omaha wouldn't answer: If he could buy any stock today (besides Berkshire), which would it be?
Thing is, that's the wrong question. Too often, investors get fixated on buying, ignoring that it's only half of the story. Instead, a peek at Buffett's sell list can come with a lot more interesting information. Lucky for us, we can see exactly which names Buffett (and his portfolio managers, Todd Combs and Ted Weschler) are sick of -- or hate -- in 2014.To do that, we're taking a look at Berkshire Hathaway's most recent 13F filing. From hedge funds to mutual funds to insurance companies, any professional investors who manage more than that $100 million watermark are required to file a 13F. And with a portfolio that tips the scales at $105.8 billion at last count, Berkshire Hathaway certainly fits that criteria. In the past, Warren Buffett has famously said that his favorite holding period is forever -- so it's a big statement when Berkshire unloads shares of individual names. >>5 Stocks Insiders Love Right Now So should you sell the stocks that Buffett hates in 2014? Here's a look at the four conviction sells that Buffett & Co. made last quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV