NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's swing trade ideas are Quality Systems
(QSII - Get Report), SouFun Holdings
(SFUN - Get Report) and Shutterfly
1. First, let's look at Quality Systems, which develops health care information systems used to automate medical and dental offices.
Quality Systems traded positive on Wednesday, closing up 0.88% to $17.14 per share.
- Wednesday's range: 16.74 - 17.16
- 52-week range: 14.10 - 24.15
- Wednesday's volume: 778,964
- 3 month average volume: 472,363
Quality Systems looks good from a technical standpoint as it confirmed a rounded bottom breakout on May 22 and broke out on May 23. Then it had a small pullback before earnings.
The company reported earnings this morning, which were less than it had predicted, but the chart still looks good. The chart is in the oversold condition and is starting to consolidate at the current price level, which is at a long-term resistance level.
The next breakout level is at about $17.50-$17.60, and so watch for increasing volume at that level. Volume has been increasing over the last four trading days and shows positive investor sentiment on the breakout.
A good entry level is anywhere above the t-line at $16.38. I'd set a stop at about $16.10, as I wouldn't want to see price action dip to that level.