However, on CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, was looking at the company's positive announcement through different lenses.
Instead of focusing only on Skyworks Solutions, he was looking at the read-through for other companies, such as Apple (AAPL).
Foxconn represents 36% of Skyworks' business and is the primary manufacturer for Apple. Meaning that, if Skyworks Solutions is pre-announcing to the upside, then business must be good for Foxconn -- and thus Apple as well.Turning to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KKD), shares are lower by over 13% after the company underwhelmed investors with its fiscal first-quarter earnings results. Cramer pointed out that company-owned same-store sales underperformed franchise-owned stores. He added that consumers don't seem to be getting their "treat" from Krispy Kreme, while Dunkin' Brands (DNKN) seems to be doing just fine.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell >>Read More: Coal Keeps Cool in Response to EPA Emissions Rules >>Read More: Intel Changes Tune With Taiwan Partners, but Will That Be Enough? >>Read More: Apple WWDC: What Wall Street's Saying >>Read More: GM, Ford Sales Jump in May as Automakers Roll Past Estimates
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV