NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, took a look at shares of Protective Life (PL), which are up almost 20%.
The company is being purchased for $70 per share by Dai-ichi Life Insurance, a Japanese insurance company.
Investors usually think life insurance companies are boring investments, Cramer said, but they're not so boring when the stock is up nearly 20%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV