The company's CEO Emanuel Chirico, pointed to the promotional environment that's hurting the business. PVH makes clothing under the Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Speedo, and other brand names.
However, Cramer argued that there's plenty of other retailers that have not had to resort to promotions in the latest quarter.
It makes you wonder if things aren't going that well at PVH, he added. Chirico also suggested that next quarter might be bad too, Cramer said.The company continues to struggle in Europe and hasn't gained much traction in the U.S. And although Cramer said he has a lot of respect for Chirico, he acknowledged that the stock price has a "premium" built into it for his leadership. Should the company disappoint investors next quarter, that Chirico premium will quickly drain from the stock price. If this is the case, then PVH will no longer be the "apparel go-to name," Cramer concluded. Instead the biggest player will be VF Corp. (VFC). VF makes and sells Wrangler, Reef, Nautica, North Face, and other brand-name clothing. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell >>Read More: Will the eBay Password Breach Finally Scare Off Investors? Not Likely Clorox Insider Trading or More Golf Course Chatter Among the Big Dogs? Intel Turns to Rockchip to Scale the Great Wall of China's Tablet Market Interpublic Is a Cash-Flow Cow Just Waiting to Be a Takeover Target
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV