NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, took a closer look at "one of my favorite" speculation plays with GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH).
The company recently had its cannabinoid treatment for a rare case of epilepsy in children "fast-tracked" by the Food and Drug Administration.
Cramer said he sees this as the FDA saying that there are many reasons to start thinking of marijuana as an important and legitimate treatment for the side effects resulting from many illnesses.
"GW Pharmaceuticals has been the play" on marijuana treatment, he reasoned.It is a British company and can therefore work with marijuana, something many U.S. pharmaceutical companies wish they could do as well. "Watch GWPH," Cramer concluded, "it's going higher." -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell >>Read More: Bluebird, Agios: Preview of Next Week's Important Pipeline Updates Yahoo: Marissa Mayer's Huge Opportunity to Become Tech's Top CEO 2 Custom Designers Whose Brand Is Quality Abolish the Walmart Annual Rave, These Financial Trends Are Brutal
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV