NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today we crunch the numbers on a semiconductor company that reports quarterly results after the closing bell on Thursday and that set a new all-time intraday high on Tuesday. Also reporting today are a consumer discretionary company and a retail-wholesale company whose stock traded to a 2014 low.
Another retail-wholesale company reports before the opening bell on Friday.
With one stock up 32% year to date and another down 27% year to date you can understand how difficult it is to pick stocks even with the S&P 500 Index setting new highs almost daily recently.
The profiles below provide trading guidelines for the stocks in two "crunching the numbers" tables that follow.Ann Inc. (ANN) ($38.20), up 4.5% year to date. Analysts expect the retailer of upscale women's clothing to report earnings per share 34 cents before the opening bell on Friday. The stock set a multiyear intraday high at $43.61 on March 21, and went as low as $37.89 on May 7. It's above its 200-day simple moving average at $36.26. The weekly chart is negative with its five-week modified moving average at $39.09 and its 200-week SMA at $29.39. An annual value level is $30.67 with a monthly pivot at $39 and quarterly and semiannual risky levels at $41.36 and $44.18, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV