When asked about Athena's business, Bush said his goal is to generate higher gross margins on all their products every year. He said some years Athena has grown over 30% a year, other years slightly less. But the opportunity is there for significant long-term growth.
Cramer said he encouraged viewers to read Bush's book and see why the established players are battling it out with Athena over the future of the health care industry.
Invest Like Carl Icahn
Has activist investor Carl Icahn lost his mind by buying a 9.4% stake in Family Dollar, the worst dollar store around with a chronic inability to execute and a challenged CEO? Not at all, because where the markets see failure activists see opportunities.
Cramer said while it's true Family Dollar falls short on every metric that matters, activists rarely get involved in well-run companies. Instead, activists invest to where they can make a difference. With shares up 13%, Icahn is already making that difference.So what are Icahn's plans for Family Dollar. Cramer sees three scenarios. First, Icahn can push to take the company private, as Dollar General (DG) did, making swift changes, then coming public again a few years later. Cramer said this would be hard to pull off, however, as you need a willing buyer. Then there's the possibility of a merger. Cramer said consolidation makes a lot of sense as there would be a ton of synergies. Again, you need a willing partner that will be tough to find. Finally, Cramer said the most likely option is a management shakeup, a move that would be good for both the company and its shareholders, as Family Dollar's current CEO is clearly unable to get the job done. Given today's 13% move in the stock, the market agrees.
Executive Decision: Juan Ramon AlaixIn his second "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with Juan Ramon Alaix, CEO of Zoetis (ZTS), the successful animal health spinoff from Pfizer (PFE) in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV