Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
You can learn a lot by listening to the footsteps of the thundering herd, Cramer told viewers. When it comes to the oil and natural gas revolution, the herd has spoken time and time again... buy, buy, buy. Today's upgrade of Devon Energy (DVN) is just the latest positive news in the group, Cramer explained, and with new pipelines in the Permian Basin, there's no telling how high these stocks can run.
As for natural gas, Cramer said it's game, set, match as the new EPA rules have made it so there will never be another coal-fired power plant built in the U.S. It's just too costly to use coal, he said, which will be a boon for everyone drilling in the gas-rich Utica and Marcellus shales.Another positive trend is interest rates, Cramer noted, as we saw a nice rally in Goldman Sachs (GS), a stock which Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS. Cramer also gave the nod to KeyCorp (KEY) and SunTrust (STI), another Action Alerts PLUS name, along with Wells Fargo (WFC). Still other up trends include the airlines, where Cramer liked American Airlines (AAL), and the packaged food stocks where consolidation is only just getting started. As for negative trends to avoid, Cramer said any company that's forsaking profits in order to grow, any company that's growing and hiring and issuing more stock and is not returning any to shareholders with buybacks or dividends, well those are the stocks that investors are buying at their peril.
Executive Decision: Julia StewartFor his "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer welcomed Julia Stewart, chairman and CEO of DineEquity (DIN), purveyors of such venerable restaurant chains as Applebee's and IHOP. DineEquity last reported a blowout 21-cent-sa-share earnings beat on strong same-store sales and shares currently yield 3.8%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV