SEATTLE, May 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) and Air Lease Corporation (ALC) celebrated the direct delivery of the first of 15 777-300ERs (Extended Range) from its existing order pipeline with the manufacturer. This 777-300ER, the eighth 777 in ALC's fleet, is one of two delivering to British Airways on long-term lease from the lessor. The second 777-300ER for British Airways is scheduled to deliver from Boeing in July 2014.
"The operational capabilities and versatility of the 777-300ER provide significant profitability potential for our customers," said ALC Chairman and CEO Steven F. Udvar-Hazy. "With its leading economics and passenger-pleasing interior, this aircraft has maintained a broad customer base year after year and will continue to do so long into the future."
Udvar-Hazy helped launch the 777-300ER in 2004, and has ordered 94 777s during his career in the industry. This includes 43 777-200ERs, eight 777-300s and 43 777-300ERs – more than any other lessor and the second most of any Boeing customer.
"We are honored that the 777 has a role in ALC's success," said Bill Collins, vice president of Leasing Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "The combination of efficiency, industry-leading reliability and award-winning cabin design of the 777-300ER offers operators increased revenue and a superior passenger experience."The Boeing 777 is the world's most successful twin-engine, long-haul airplane. The 777-300ER extends the 777 family's span of capabilities, bringing twin-engine efficiency and reliability to the long-range market. The airplane can fly up to 7,825 nautical miles (14,490 kilometers) and is equipped with GE90-115B engines, the world's most powerful commercial jet engine. Contact: Karen CrabtreeLeasing Sales CommunicationsBoeing Commercial Airplanes+1 206-766-2930 firstname.lastname@example.org Photo and caption are available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV