CenterPoint (CNP) operates as a public utility holding company. It engages in the transmission and distribution of electricity to retail electric providers (REPs), municipalities, electric cooperatives and other distribution companies serving approximately two million metered customers in Texas. Based in Houston, the company has a $10.3 billion market cap and trades an average of 4.5 million shares a day.
Dividend Yield: 4%
Price To Book: 2.3Forward Estimated Earnings Payout Percentage: 72% A dividend payout ratio over 50% receives extra scrutiny because of increased risk of a dividend drop. I reviewed the dividend distributions since 2007 and the result is a movement in only one direction. Dividend payments have consistently gone up every year in the last seven years. Also, the ability of public utilities to continue steady dividends is unparalleled in any other industry. Buying utilities for dividends may be old-school investing, but making money never goes out of style. Five out of 12 analysts now rate CenterPoint a buy, seven rate it a hold and none recommend selling. CenterPoint has an average analyst target price of $26.11.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV