3 Stocks Pushing The Food & Beverage Industry Lower
- KTEC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- KTEC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- KEY TECHNOLOGY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KEY TECHNOLOGY INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.66 versus $0.09 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 153.0% in earnings (-$0.35 versus $0.66).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, KEY TECHNOLOGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for KEY TECHNOLOGY INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.09%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.05% trails that of the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts