3 Stocks Driving The Specialty Retail Industry Higher
At the close, Lentuo International ( LAS) was up $0.31 (16.3%) to $2.21 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 482,136 shares of Lentuo International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 46,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $2.01-$2.70 after having opened the day at $2.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.90. Lentuo International Inc. operates automobile franchise dealerships in the People's Republic of China. Lentuo International has a market cap of $61.9 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 30.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are no analysts who rate Lentuo International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Lentuo International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on LAS go as follows:
- LENTUO INTERNATIONAL -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, LENTUO INTERNATIONAL -ADR turned its bottom line around by earning $0.12 versus -$0.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.34 versus $0.12).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income increased by 83.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$6.61 million to -$1.12 million.
- LAS, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for LENTUO INTERNATIONAL -ADR is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.54%. Regardless of LAS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.76% trails the industry average.
- LAS's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 49.28%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts