The Rise and Rise of China
Look U.S. IPO market activity in 2014, and it is evident the Chinese e-commerce market is on the verge of a transformation that could put it level or ahead of developed economies within a decade.
Firms such as JD.com, Alibaba and Baidu all appear positioned to benefit from the rise of the Chinese consumer, and their mobile-first spending and banking habits. If the likes of Alibaba prove successful in their U.S. listings, it may cause some to wonder whether U.S. e-commerce giants such as Amazon and eBay are poised for a hit.
As with much of what has happened with the rise of emerging economies like China and India, it is unlikely the e-commerce market will prove a zero-sum game. Below are a few slides that detail the interplay between U.S. and Chinese e-commerce.
500MM (80%) of China internet users are now mobile #InternetTrends #CodeCon #MaryMeeker pic.twitter.com/GYRQfUDEAc Kleiner Perkins (@kpcb) May 28, 2014
6 of 10 global internet properties are Made in USA; >86% of users outside US #InternetTrends #CodeCon #MaryMeeker pic.twitter.com/9Qg8oYObWQ Kleiner Perkins (@kpcb) May 28, 2014
Global #smartphone operating systems 'made in USA' up 97% from 5% in 2005 #InternetTrends pic.twitter.com/hsIFgfti7P Kleiner Perkins (@kpcb) May 28, 2014Follow @AntoineGara
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV