NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Chico's FAS (CHS - Get Report) stock is lower Wednesday after the women's apparel retailer reported first-quarter profits 22% lower than a year earlier. By early afternoon, shares had slipped 2% to $15.30.
Over the three months to April, the company earned 26 cents a share, 2 cents lower than analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected. Revenue of $681.6 million nudged 1.6% higher, while same-store sales fell 2.6%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CHS Ratings Report
WATCH: More market update videos on TheStreet TV | More videos from Keris Alison Lahiff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts