EVERETT, Wash., May 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration today approved additional extended operations (ETOPS) for the Boeing (NYSE: BA) 787 Dreamliner. The move will allow 787s to be operated up to 330 minutes from a landing field and signals continued confidence in the airplane's technical capabilities.
Dreamliners have been allowed to operate up to 180 minutes away from a landing field since they were introduced into service in 2011. Granting of the expanded operational permission will allow airlines to introduce additional routes after they meet the proof of capabilities requirements and receive approval from their own regulatory agencies for such operations.
"Our customers are eager to expand their 787 operations," said Larry Loftis, vice president and general manager, 787 program, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "We're delighted that this capability, which was designed into the airplane from the very beginning, has been certified."
ETOPS operations will make the 787 even more efficient in operations as they enable more direct flight paths, which can save thousands of pounds of fuel and reduce carbon emissions.More than 1,030 787s have been ordered by 60 customers to date. Boeing has delivered 146 Dreamliners to 19 customers. The 787 Dreamliner is a super-efficient twin-jet airplane that offers passengers a unique flying experience with bigger windows, cleaner air, a lower cabin altitude and higher humidity. Contact: Lori Gunter787 Communications+1 206 931 5919 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV