The Wall Street Journal reports Synaptics is in final talks to buy the Japanese chipmaker from Renesas Electronics. Renesas SP Drivers is the sole supplier for display drivers in Apple's (AAPL) iPhone. The report comes a day after a similar report from Reuters.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- SYNA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.83, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SYNA's share price has jumped by 41.46%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- SYNAPTICS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SYNAPTICS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.87 versus $1.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.04 versus $2.87).
- 48.19% is the gross profit margin for SYNAPTICS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SYNA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SYNA's net profit margin of -19.60% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SYNA Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts