The fund disclosed a 9.65% stake in Vivus and announced it could propose a conditional non-binding offer of $640 million, which would be financed with Aspen's working capital and debt from "top tier" investment banks. The fund expects to submit the offer to the board by June 13.
"Although Aspen Investment Fund currently expects to make an offer, it is under no obligation and provides no assurances it will do so, if there are any material changes to the Issuers operations, financial situation or enterprise value," Aspen said in a 13-D SEC filing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV