Calgon Carbon Corporation (NYSE:CCC) today released its inaugural Sustainability Report, “Pure Water. Clean Air. Better World.” The report highlights the various environmental stewardship and social responsibility initiatives the company advanced in 2013 and establishes benchmarks and baseline metrics for ongoing, long-term sustainability goals.
Calgon Carbon is a global leader in innovative solutions, high quality products and services designed to protect human health and the environment from harmful contaminants in water, and air. As a leading manufacturer of activated carbon, with broad capabilities in ultraviolet light disinfection, Calgon Carbon provides purification solutions for drinking water, wastewater, pollution abatement, and a variety of industrial and commercial manufacturing processes.
The report published today is available at sustainability.calgoncarbon.com and discusses specific information relative to Calgon Carbon’s primary focus areas, which include:
- Environmental Stewardship
- Enhancing our Workplace
- Community Support
- Products & Life Cycle
“Sustainability is a vital part of our business strategy both now and for the future. Our first-ever Sustainability Report shares our commitment to managing our company in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner, and identifies how we will achieve our objectives going forward,” said Randy Dearth, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Calgon Carbon Corporation.According to Dearth, the company’s first Sustainability Report has energized the effort to integrate environmental, social and economic considerations into its operations and decision making processes at every level of the organization and demonstrates the company’s commitment to:
- Developing a framework for how the company will identify, assess and advance sustainability objectives
- Establishing sustainability benchmarks and setting the foundation for metrics and reporting
- Affirming the company’s commitment to the American Chemistry Council’s Responsible Care Initiative, which is itself a commitment to sustainably managing business
- Building consideration of environmental, social and economic concerns into projects and initiatives