"MHR continues to shed non-core assets to fund core Appalachian basin development and leasehold acquisition, which we argue will result in further NAV creation," analysts wrote in the report.
By midmorning, shares had climbed 5.5% to $7.73.
- MHR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 91.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 31.81% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 119.03% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP has improved earnings per share by 31.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP reported poor results of -$1.53 versus -$0.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.65 versus -$1.53).
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.40 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, MHR has a quick ratio of 0.57, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MHR Ratings Report