Spherix surged Tuesday after the U.S. Senate and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy removed a patent reform bill from the committee's calendar due to a lack of bipartisan support. Leahy, a Democrat, said many of the proposals in the bill would place too much of a burden on "legitimate patent holders who employ thousands of Americans," according to Spherix's press release.
"The removal of this bill from the Senate Judiciary Committee schedule should remove some of the uncertainty which has been clouding our industry," said Spherix CEO Anthony Hayes. "Spherix is committed to responsibly protecting the patents it owns, and we remain eager to work with companies large and small to reach fair agreements."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock closed up 16.5%, or 49 cents, to $3.95. Nearly 31 million shares changed hands, which eclipsed the average volume of 1,468,370. The stock had a range of $3.30 to $4.15 for the day. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV