Update (9:42 a.m.): Updated with Wednesday market open information.
The stock was up 0.4% to $89.48 at 9:41 a.m. on Wednesday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 826.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $57.00 million to $528.00 million.
- CI's revenue growth trails the industry average of 16.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, CIGNA CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 860.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 30.62% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CI Ratings Report