Teradici® and VMware®, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) today announced that 25,000 seats of VMware Horizon™ virtual desktops and Teradici PCoIP® zero client devices have been deployed as part of a national program to bring digital learning to 1,250 rural and inland schools across Malaysia. The private cloud deployment gives students access to high-quality computing and digital education resources, in some cases for the very first time, as part of an effort led by the Malaysian Ministry of Education to modernize education and bridge the digital divide.
Modernized classrooms equipped with 25,000 virtual desktops deliver a rich learning experience to happy Malaysian students. (Photo: Business Wire)
The Ministry has established an ambitious vision for preschool through university education in the Malaysia Education Blueprint, 2013-2025, which is ultimately expected to impact approximately 6 million students at 10,000 schools. Among the key tenets of the Blueprint is an investment in information and communications technology (ICT) to improve educational outcomes for Malaysian students, advance the country’s overall competitiveness in the global labor market and bring educational parity to urban-rural schools. Together with Bitara Induk, a leading ICT systems integrator, VMware and Teradici collaborated to assist the Malaysian Government in fulfilling its vision.
As of March 2014, approximately 25,000 students, teachers and administrators at 1,250 schools have gained access to desktops, applications and data using virtual desktop infrastructure for the first time. With minimal onsite IT setup or modification to the classroom environment, high-performance computing and educational resources are delivered to students and teachers across devices – even in rural and inland areas with limited access to connectivity and electricity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV