- Uddenfeldt to be honored by the Wireless History Foundation for significant contributions to the telecommunications industry
- Helped drive development of advanced wireless technologies during his more than 32-year career at Ericsson
- First Ericsson employee selected as member of the Wireless Hall of Fame
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, May 28, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson's (Nasdaq:ERIC) Dr. Jan Uddenfeldt will be inducted into the Wireless History Foundation's prestigious Wireless Hall of Fame on September 9, 2014. Dr. Uddenfeldt, one of the inventors and industry drivers of wireless GSM (2G) technology, as well as mobile broadband (3G/HSPA) and LTE technology, is the first Ericsson employee awarded this honor.
Dr. Uddenfeldt's expertise and leadership drove the development of advanced wireless technologies that catapulted the cellular industry into the Internet and broadband era. He played a key role in the development of standards that transitioned the industry from analog to digital, and is widely recognized for his contributions to the GSM standard, which today covers more than 85% of the world's population. Recognizing the limited data capabilities of the early digital technologies, he continued to push technology development and promoted the globalization of wireless connectivity by pioneering work in the development of 3G and later to include LTE.
Dr. Uddenfeldt began his wireless career in 1978 with Ericsson, where he held a number of executive positions for more than 32 years including CTO and VP for Ericsson Radio, CTO and Senior VP for the Ericsson Group, and Senior VP and Head of Technology Strategies for the company. From 2010 to 2012, he served as CTO and Corporate VP at Sony Ericsson, now Sony Mobile. He currently serves as a senior advisor to Sony and Ericsson, in addition to several startup companies in Silicon Valley."Jan is truly one of the fathers of the Networked Society. His work during his career at Ericsson allowed the introduction of technology innovations that have changed the way billions of people across the world communicate," said Angel Ruiz, Head of Ericsson North America. "His introduction into the Wireless Hall of Fame is well deserved and we congratulate him."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV