WALLDORF, Germany, May 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced that German journalism professor, journalist and TV presenter Prof. Dr. Michael Steinbrecher will act as scientific advisor to the company. Steinbrecher will focus on new ways to integrate Big Data into cross-media sports journalism. The aim of the collaboration is to explore innovative display formats in sports journalism and the agreement applies for a three-year period.
"Big Data is transforming our lives and is becoming more and more important in the world of professional sports as well," said Steinbrecher. "Journalism will have to follow — and even shape — this development to ensure sports news is covered in a compelling, competent way. We are at the verge of a new era of data journalism. To unlock this new field of research, making it accessible to sports journalists, fans and spectators is a great challenge."
Steinbrecher and SAP share the vision of transforming the world of sports through innovative technology and the diverse utilization of data."The world of sports is changing, with technology innovating every area: the fan experience, player performance monitoring, team management, ticketing and venue operations," said Gerhard Oswald, member of the Executive Board of SAP AG. "Big Data is an incredible resource for journalists to gain new insights, contextualize information and tell an exciting story in a completely new and compelling way. With SAP, teams can analyze these huge amounts of data in real time to customize training and significantly improve player and team performance. It is high time to make this type of information accessible to sports journalism too." Through research and the resulting systematic development of journalistic display formats, Steinbrecher and SAP aim to explore the potential of data-driven journalism using sports, and to develop innovative impulses for media reporting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV