BELMONT, Calif., May 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SunEdison (NYSE: SUNE), a leading solar technology manufacturer and provider of solar energy services, today introduced the SunEdison Silvantis R-series solar module. The SunEdison Silvantis R-series increases solar module efficiency via Passivated Emitter and Rear Cell (PERC) technology, for higher power output and maximum durability.
"PERC technology delivers more than 10 extra watts of power per module," said Dave Ranhoff, President of Solar Materials at SunEdison. "The R-series modules capture the maximum amount of energy in a given area and deliver better solar system economics."
The new modules also go well beyond the industry standard for potential induced degradation (PID) resistance. The SunEdison Silvantis R-series is warranted for operation with high efficiency transformerless inverters and has been thoroughly tested beyond standard PID certification conditions.
Ranhoff stated: "The majority of the solar modules we manufacture are used in SunEdison-owned systems—the success of these projects depends upon the performance of the solar module. The new R-series modules are built to deliver outstanding performance and durability through the 25-year or more life of a solar system."The Silvantis R-series solar modules deliver the following features and benefits:
- PERC technology delivers increased module efficiency—up to 17.4%
- Guaranteed power performance
- PID-free modules are fully warranted for operation with all inverter types, including transformerless inverters
- 25-year product and power warranty
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts