Miami Children’s Hospital (MCH) is turning to Xerox’s (NYSE:XRX) expertise to ease Florida’s largest pediatric facility’s adoption of the latest coding system for medical diagnoses and insurance billing.
Xerox’s ICD-10 Complete will ensure MCH staff, business processes and information systems comply with the federal mandate to switch from ICD-9 to the 10 th version of the international classification of diseases on Oct. 1, 2015. Among its services for MCH, a 289-bed hospital renowned for excellence in pediatric care, Xerox will train caregivers to document the specific patient-care information required to report diagnoses and procedures through ICD-10’s vastly expanded library of codes.
“We’ll be ready when ICD-10 goes live,” said Ed Martinez, chief information officer at MCH. “Xerox’s unique, comprehensive approach will not only help us achieve compliance but truly adopt the new classification protocol to better measure and enhance our performance and quality of care.”
With ICD-10 Complete, healthcare providers can address all facets of conversion under a single point of management to better track activities and reduce the probability of errors:
- Assessment. Xerox evaluates the healthcare provider’s current environment to help them understand the impact ICD-10 will have on its operations and develop a roadmap to identify and plan transition activities.
- Implementation. In addition to systems testing and remediation plans to ensure compatibility with ICD-10, Xerox implementation support comprises redesigning work processes for greater efficiency and educating staff on the expanded clinical documentation requirements and new code set. Education includes customized simulation training developed by The Breakaway Group, A Xerox Company, which enables physicians to practice documenting care and coders to input procedures in ICD-10-compliant codes in their actual EHR application. Customized simulation training simplifies the learning process and speeds adoption by addressing the specific educational needs of clinician groups, increasing retention of information pertinent to their role.
- Stabilization. Xerox provides ongoing support after go-live to optimize the transition, ensuring minimal impact on the revenue cycle, interoperable and compliant information systems and proficiency in physicians’ and coders’ everyday use of ICD-10.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts