Ponzi Scheme? Don't Be a Victim -- Read These Anti-Madoff Tips Now
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It is hard to believe that investors are still falling victim to Ponzi schemes, despite all the news surrounding large scams like the Bernie Madoff case -- but they are. And in the technological age we are living in, scams are becoming more complex and more difficult to spot.
On Wednesday, the former Index CEO Masami Ochiai and his wife Yoshimi Ochiai were arrested in Japan for allegedly inflating profits and other financial statistics by round-tripping, in violation of the Financial Instruments and Exchange Law.
On Tuesday, the CEO of Amway India was arrested for allegations of financial irregularities in Amway's operations. Duh -- everyone knows that Amway is a scam.
On Saturday, Iranian billionaire Amir Mansour Aria was executed in Iran for an alleged $2.6 billion bank fraud. 38 other people were also charged in the case.
- Do you understand your investments and investment strategy?
- Are you able to review account statements upon request, without delay?
- Is the person or company you are investing with licensed by FINRA?
- Are you receiving large returns from your investments over a short period of time?
- Are your large returns exceedingly consistent?
- Are your investments subject to very low risk, at least according to the adviser's claims?
- Are your investment payments sometimes late?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV