THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. and SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., May 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) and its subsidiary Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., today announced data from several studies of both pipeline and marketed products will be presented at the 50 th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) being held May 30-June 3 in Chicago. The research that will be presented demonstrates Amgen's and Onyx's continued progress in developing treatments for patients with difficult-to-treat cancers, as well as investigating new uses and areas of interest for their current cancer care treatments.
"The data presented at ASCO this year is a testament to our focus on addressing unmet needs and the strategic acquisitions that we have made, such as Onyx, to further our leadership in oncology," said Sean E. Harper, M.D., executive vice president of Research and Development at Amgen. "Amgen and Onyx continue to be on the cutting edge of research and are constantly looking for innovative approaches to tackle some of the toughest cancers."
During the meeting, Amgen and Onyx will present results from more than 45 studies in 17 different cancers, including six oral presentations and 25 posters across 11 oncology molecules. Abstracts are currently available on the ASCO website at http://abstract.asco.org/ .
Amgen Data Includes: Blinatumomab (AMG 103)Amgen will present results from the following pivotal Phase 2 study assessing blinatumomab, a bispecific T cell engager (BiTE ®) antibody, in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- Confirmatory open-label, single-arm, multicenter Phase 2 study of the BiTE ® antibody blinatumomab in patients with relapsed/refractory B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemiaAbstract No. 7005, Oral Abstract Session, Tuesday, June 3, 9:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. CT, E354a
- Primary analysis of a Phase 1b multicenter trial to evaluate safety and efficacy of talimogene laherparepvec (T-VEC) and ipilimumab (ipi) in previously untreated, unresected, stage IIIB-IV melanoma Abstract No. 9029, Poster Highlights Session, Monday, June 2, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. CT, E354b and 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. CT, E Arie Crown Theater
- Patterns of durable response with intralesional talimogene laherparepvec (T-VEC): Results from a Phase 3 trial in patients with stage IIIB-IV melanoma Abstract No. 9026, Poster Highlights Session, Monday, June 2, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. CT, E354b and 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. CT, E Arie Crown Theater
- Primary overall survival (OS) from OPTiM, a randomized Phase 3 trial of talimogene laherparepvec (T-VEC) versus subcutaneous (SC) granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) for the treatment (tx) of unresected stage IIIB/C and IV melanomaAbstract No. 9008a, Oral Abstract Session, Monday, June 2, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. CT, E Arie Crown Theater
- Survival outcomes in the PRIME study for patients with RAS/BRAF wild-type (WT) metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC), by baseline Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status Abstract No. 3557, General Poster Session, Saturday, May 31, 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. CT, S Hall A2
- Extended RAS analysis and subsequent anti-EGFR and anti-VEGF treatment (tx) in PEAK: a 1st-line Phase 2 study of FOLFOX6 + panitumumab (pmab) or bevacizumab (bev) in metastatic colorectal cancer Abstract No. 3629, General Poster Session, Saturday, May 31, 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. CT, S Hall A2
- Response to treatment with denosumab in patients with giant cell tumor of bone (GCTB): FDG PET results from two Phase 2 trialsAbstract No. 10505, Oral Abstract Session, Sunday, June 1, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. CT, S406
- Effect of denosumab versus zoledronic acid (ZA) at preventing skeletal-related events (SREs) in patients with metastatic bone disease: subgroup analyses by baseline characteristicsAbstract No. 9501, Oral Abstract Session, Monday, June 2, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. CT, E253
- Symptomatic skeletal events (SSE) in patients with advanced prostate cancer: results from a Phase 3 trial of denosumab for the prevention of skeletal-related events Abstract No. 5075, General Poster Session, Monday, June 2, 1:15 p.m. to 5 p.m. CT, S Hall A2
- Results of the dose-escalation portion of a Phase 1/2 study (CHAMPION-1) investigating weekly carfilzomib in combination with dexamethasone for patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myelomaAbstract No. 8594, General Poster Session, Monday, June 2, 1:15 p.m. to 5 p.m. CT, S Hall A2
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV