WALLDORF, Germany, May 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced it has retained its position as the overall leader in worldwide supply chain management and supply chain planning, according to the recent Gartner, Inc. "Market Snapshot: Supply Chain Management Software, Worldwide, 2013" report.*
The report finds that SAP was growing the supply chain business by 16.8 percent, representing a 22.1 percent market share. Specifically, SAP extended its No. 1 market position for supply chain planning, now owning 29.8 percent. SAP holds the No. 2 position for supply chain execution worldwide, with solutions for transportation and extended warehouse management, and is closing in on competitors with a growth rate of 16.9 percent. In addition, the report notes that SAP has been the market share leader within the aggregated supply chain market for more than a decade.
Additionally, Gartner has released its list of The Gartner Supply Chain Top 25 for 2014, as announced on May 21, 2014. SAP is the vendor of choice for 22 of the top supply chains included within the report.
To build on this leadership, SAP has recently announced a new supply chain strategy, which enables businesses of all sizes, industries and regions to transform their supply chains to demand networks. New business realities, such as demographical and geographical changes of buying power, individualization of products with innovative technologies and growing logistics complexity with same day delivery concepts, put companies under immense pressure to transform their supply chain processes. SAP's new strategy is addressing these business realities and will deliver cloud-based solutions in areas such as integrated business planning, supply network orchestration and logistics by leveraging the SAP HANA® platform.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV