SEATTLE, May 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines, which provides travelers with more nonstop flights from Seattle than any other carrier, will increase its departures for its hometown customers by 11 percent next spring. Alaska's daily departures out of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport will increase from 253 to 280, giving travelers more options to the places they want to fly most.
"Alaska Airlines has been flying out of Seattle for more than half a century and we're proud to offer our customers nearly four times the departures to more destinations than any other airline," said Joe Sprague, senior vice president of communications and external relations. "With convenient nonstop service to 79 destinations from Seattle, our customers can fly to 80 percent of the places they want to go and this increases to 99 percent when combining Alaska's flights and those of our partner airlines."
Alaska Airlines will add 27 new roundtrips, including one daily between Seattle and Boise, Idaho, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Fairbanks, Alaska, and Palm Springs and Sacramento, California. The airline will also add two more daily roundtrips between Seattle and Los Angeles, and three more roundtrip shuttle flights between Seattle and Portland, Oregon. A Boeing 737 will replace a Bombardier Q400 on two of the 16 daily roundtrip flights between Seattle and Spokane, Washington, increasing the number of seats on Alaska between the state's largest two cities from 3,200 to 3,350 a day. View the additional flights at http://bit.ly/TQMhxb.
The 11 percent increase in Seattle departures also includes previously announced service to six new destinations, including Albuquerque, New Mexico, Baltimore, Detroit, New Orleans, Tampa, Florida, and Cancun, Mexico.Summary of new daily Seattle service:
- Seattle – New Orleans: starting June 12
- Seattle – Tampa: starting June 20
- Seattle – Baltimore: starting Sept. 2
- Seattle – Detroit: starting Sept. 4
- Seattle – Albuquerque: starting Sept. 18
- Seattle – Cancun: starting Nov. 6 pending governmental approval
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV