On 5/29/14, State Street Corp.'s Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series C (STT.PRC) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.3281, payable on 6/16/14. As a percentage of STT.PRC's recent share price of $23.26, this dividend works out to approximately 1.41%, so look for shares of STT.PRC to trade 1.41% lower — all else being equal — when STT.PRC shares open for trading on 5/29/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 5.66%, which compares to an average yield of 5.67% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, STT.PRC was trading at a 7.12% discount to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of STT.PRC shares, versus STT:
Below is a dividend history chart for STT.PRC, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.3281 on State Street Corp.'s Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series C:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, State Street Corp. (STT) makes up 3.06% of the SPDR S&P Capital Markets ETF (KCE) which is trading higher by about 0.8% on the day Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV